Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Greek Conference

On February 22-24 I will be in Greensboro, N.C. for CONNECT, InterVarsity Greek Conference. This is a conference that happens once a year. It is a place where hundreds of Greeks from across the country and CONNECT for one weekend to discuss real-life issues, to investigate what it means to be a Christian, to be challenged and encouraged by other Greek students, to get practical tools for living in the Greek system and to just have fun with each other.

Some of you might not know but I am Greek. I am part of the fraternity Sigma Phi Epsilon. I joined toward the end my time at CNU but really enjoyed my time in the Greek system, I had a lot of friendships within SigEp throughout college. While I was at CNU I actually never went to the Greek Conference (there was always something going on the weekend they had it). So, I'm pretty excited about going and being a part of it. I am going to be helping to lead the World Changers break out session (similar to the social justice track I helped lead at the 222 conference I blogged about earlier).

The other reason I am really excited about going to the conference is that one of my Greek ODU students just signed up to go with me. I know this might not be a big deal to you but it is for me. Let me explain why. ODU does not have a Greek IV chapter or really any ministry reaching out the the Greek students on campus. I've been having lunch with the Greek community at ODU this semester and building relationships with them. In a sense I am starting Greek ministry at ODU. My hope is that I will be able to have several students involved when I leave that will be able to continue what I have started and work with Shane (the current ODU InterVarsity staff) to continue to help it grow.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: