Sunday, January 27, 2008

InterVarsity update

The second semester has just started at ODU. It's good to be back and meeting with students again after the winter break. I have pretty much figured out my schedule for the semester and am feeling really good about how it's all balanced out and look forward to seeing how God is going to work through me.

I wanted to share some of what has been going on the past couple of weeks and what is ahead in the near future.

Over winter break I went to InterVarsity's National Staff Conference in St. Louis. It was a great week. The theme for the week was Rom. 1:16. It was awesome to see and hear what God was doing through other staff workers on their campuses. I also had the opportunity to meet tons of people and have some great conversations with folks. As always it was nice to spend time with the people from my region and hear what is going on in their lives. During the week we had guest speakers who talked each day (went through Romans, an overview of the book), corporate worship, corporate prayer, and break out sessions that were mainly geared towards helping our ministries.

This coming week is going to be pretty full. I have my final intern meeting from Tuesday through Thursday. This meeting with focus on campus strategy and helping us to think about this as we move toward moving to our own campuses and reflecting on this past year. We will also talk a little about possible placements for us this coming year. Then from Friday to Sunday ODU has its chapter retreat at Triple R ranch in Chesapeake. It is looking like we are going to have a about 50 students coming, which is awesome!! We are really excited about this weekend. This will serve as a place for the chapter to grow more as a community and to hear some solid teaching.

If you could be praying for the placement process for us this coming year I would be greatly appreciative. In about a month Tracy and I will find out what campus we are being sent to. Pray for the people who, over the next month, will be making these decisions.

No comments: